(Source from NST, 2010/03/16)
KUALA TERENGGANU: The Terengganu government cannot give the assurance that the Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin Stadium (SSMZA) will be safe for use even after the debris from the roof collapse on June 2 last year is cleared.
Terengganu Youth and Sports Committee chairman Datuk Rahin Mohd Said said this was because the impact of the collapse on the stadium's structure had yet to be verified.
He was commenting on complaints lodged by football coaches and managers over the unsatisfactory field condition at the Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah Stadium (SSINS) here.
Since the collapse of the roof of the SSMZA, football matches have to be held at SSINS.
Rahin said the SSINS was supposed to be demolished to make way for development. -- Bernama